Friday, July 8, 2011

Some changes going on....

Been going through alot the past few weeks, and alot of that wasn't exactly good. Alot of drama has been happening in my life and has been causing me to just be a big ball of negativity, and I don't like that at all. Alot of arguments, alot of disagreements, alot of backstabbing, and alot of time feeling upset and crying.

Yesterday was kind of an explosive day for me. Alot of anger and hurt has built up inside of me, and I just broke down yesterday. I need to make some changes in my life. I need some time away from friends and work and my every day life to just think about things. I need to start having better judgement on myself and other people, and I need to stop letting people walk all over me. I need a break.

I deleted my Facebook. Most of this drama occuring in my life has been through Facebook. While the site is awesome for keeping in touch with old friends, making new ones, and keeping close to the ones you're already close to, it can start alot of problems. And for really unnessesary reasons! Alot of this crap coming into my life is because of Facebook, where people can hide behind a screen and act big and bad to someone (or multiple people), hurt feelings of others, and cause ridiculous arguments. I'm sick of the negativity Facebook brings anymore. People just use it to bitch and complain, and rarely do I see a happy 'update' or 'status' about anything, and when it is, it's usually someone parading around like they're proud they won an argument. It's childish and immature, and I just can't deal with it at this point in my life. Sure, I might come back one day, but I need to give myself a break from it, and realize who my true friends are. I want to know who will go as far as to call me, or text me, or to talk to me in person about things. I don't want to deal with the secrets and the snooping and the lying that Facebook has become these days. People just want to spy on other people and see what they're up to, and make their own made up story about people and spread rumors. This is sort of a test for myself, to see who will stick around in my life without Facebook. Who will really keep in contact with me, yknow?

I feel much better today. I did some retail therapy last night with a good friend of mine and it felt good to just buy some cute clothes for myself. Sometimes a pretty dress or a nice top (or in my case, my favorite Harajuku Lovers perfume!) can make you feel better about yourself. I'm not saying everytime you're upset to go trash your whole bank account, but buying a present or something nice for yourself can lift up your spirits when you feel down. It's good to treat yourself to something.

I still have a twitter account, if anyone wants to follow me there. I'd love some new friends!

Even just one day of getting rid of Facebook makes me feel relieved. No more drama, no more worrying about what I have to say, no more offensive nasty words, no more friending people just because I met them once and they think I'm "cool" (or vise versa) and they end up being not so trustworthy...I'm just done with it for a while. I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes. It's almost like getting rid of a bad habit, haha! It feels good. And now I can dedicate more time into my blog and my YouTube account instead of getting sucked into the Facebook world and petty bullshit that surrounds it. I'm ready for a change.


:)





No comments:

Post a Comment